Hello EC&I 832!

Here we go! Another semester has begun and I’m looking forward to learning alongside Alec and my classmates in this course. This is my third course in the curriculum and instruction course-based masters program and my second edtech course!

I am in my fourth year of teaching and currently teach the sweetest group of grade 2/3’s at Westmount School in Moose Jaw. Prior to teaching, I had an enjoyable career working as an Environmental Engineering Technologist. My past experiences have allowed me to infuse real-world and unique perspectives into my personal pedagogy. Every decision in my classroom is fueled by my knowledge and education and also by my desire to be the best educator I can be. This has led me here…  pursuing my Masters in Curriculum and Instruction at the University of Regina.

Aside from teaching and learning, I spend my time with my husband Mitch and our toddler son, Leif. We have built an amazing life in the small community of Rouleau where we enjoy life’s adventures together, big and small. And… we are excited to welcome our second little nugget this April!

You can check out my twitter account here @rsingleton212! I am new to blogging and tweeting, but am looking forward to connecting with you this semester.

One thought on “Hello EC&I 832!

1. Welcome to the wonderful worlds of blogging and twitter, Rae! I love how your previous career brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to your role as a teacher. Looking forward to learning alongside you this semester!